1. Schools submit the application form as well as the handling charge (Has certified/re-certified international Brain-Based consultants in own city/country, suggested to be USD4,000; For schools located in a region without certified/re-certified international Brain-Based consultants, suggested to be USD6,000 – the extra cost is for hotel or travelling expenses for the consultants)
2. Institute/Certification Office admits and provides a checklist/steps for schools to follow
3. Schools submit all documents/videos/audios/evidence for certification on or before deadline
4. Institute/Certification Office checks all documents/evidence and approving
5. Certified/Recertified International Brain-Based Consultants visit the school, observe teachers’ lessons, and interview related persons (e.g. principal, teachers, parents, students) for clarification (2-3 days)
6. Certified/Recertified International Brain-Based Consultants report and propose for the certification
7. Institute/Certification Office endorses the certification
8. Application Schools will be notified the result
9. Successful being certified schools need to pay certification fee (USD1,000) per year
10. Successful being certified schools have the rights to produce the “Badge” of Brain-Based School (Size, materials, and figure will be provided by Institute/Certification Office) and post at the entrance or General Office; logo can be printed on school documents
11. Details and documents of the certified school will be posted on “Brain-Based School” page of IBME website
12. If the certified school is complained by teachers/parents, the complaint will be transferred to school. School needs to investigate and report to Institute/Certification Office within a month. If the complaint carries on, Brain-Based Consultant will interview the related persons or visit the lessons for investigation.
13. If more than 5 complaints were verified within 2 years’ certification period, complaints should be considered for recertification. The number of verified complaints reaches 10, all complaints details will be posted on “Brain-Based School” website.